Pawning or purchasing power tools from a local pawn shop is an excellent way to increase revenue, and will also add to your home improvement capabilities.
Perhaps you have had your eyes on a DeWalt drill set, but can’t afford it brand new, or you want a new bandsaw and are ready to trade in olditems for a modern unit. These are all possible at your local pawn broker. However, you must know how to buy and sell your used items properly to get the most from your transaction.
5 Tips for Selling at Tools Pawn Shop Jackson
Selling for cash or trade means offering the most desirable brands and properly preparing your items. Some points to consider before you sell or trade-in unwanted gear from the garage include:
- Consider the Brand: Obscure brands do not fetch a profit for the store; therefore, you should trade brandsthat most consumers seek, like DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, Stihl, Toro, Dremel, or Snap On.
- Clean Thoroughly: Next, make sure your items are clean. Excess oil, dust, dirt, and debris should be removed. Clean items indicate that they are well cared for, which means they are durable and more likely to last for those who are purchasing them.
- Find Your Manuals: Turning in items without the owner’s manual makes it hard to resell the item. Look for any manuals you might have for your trades to provide a “complete” product.
- Include Accessories: Most of your equipment comes with accessories and components, such as a charger or replacement blades and washers. Include all accessories to complete your trade-in.
- Use the Original Box: If you saved the box, put everything neatly inside. A product box makes an item easier to sell than one without a box.
Buying Instead? Follow these Tips to Purchase Equipment Like a Pro
When purchasing your new saws, hammers, and other equipment from a pawn shop, consider the following:
- Do Not Judge by Looks: Dirty equipment can be off-putting, but dirt might be a sign of little use. Which means you might get more years out of that piece of equipment. Also, while rust indicates exposure and use, a small amount of rust should not be a deal breaker.
- Power Cords: Examine the power cords carefully. Avoid items with any frayed wires, bent connectors, or loose connections between the cable itself and the device.
- Review Components: Inspect all components that come with the equipment, including accessories. If they are worn, ripped or broken, the object has seen excessive used, and might not be properly caredfor.
- Test It: Ask to turn on the item and see how it works. You want to hear the motor run, change out accessories, and put it to the test before making a purchase.
- Consider the Brand: Certain brands hold value. Brands like DeWalt, Bosch, Rigid, Makita, and Stihloffer products that are job site-ready and designed for heavy-duty, long-term use.
Whether buying, selling, or trading in tools, go to a broker you can trust. USA Pawn offers an array of leading brands in construction and do-it-yourself equipment. We offer competitive prices for trade-ins and sales and ensure that our merchandise is ready for resale.
Visit a USA Pawn location near you to check out our available tools.For more information, you can reach us at 601-501-PAWN(7296).